Winter Season Strikers Development Squads
Strikers Development Squad training is extra training for those players who want to take their game to the next level. The focus of the program is to give players the skills they need to get the most enjoyment out of the game.
Players aged from 3-50
Time of Day
Dev Squads Train From 4-9pm depending on what age group you are in.
Time of Year
Winter Season Dev Squads: Monday 19th of April to 23rd of August.
Dev squads do not run on the
Queens Birthday publc holdiay = 14th of June
July School Holidays = 28th of June, 5th July
St Mattews Farm
Simply scroll down to the bottom of this, punch in your age group, day and time and away we go
$15 per week for 16 weeks = $240 (if you sign up before April 17th)
$20 per week for 16 weeks = $320 (for signing up after April 17th)
Our Strikers Development Squads are a group-based training service for players who want to add a little extra to their game and increase their chance of success and enjoyment on the field. There will be an absolute maximum of 12 players per coach in each group. there can be up to 4 groups running at a time.
The program beings Monday 19th of April
The sessions and program are based on the FA’s national curriculum a guideline devised by footballs governing body to help standardize player development. Each week players will focus on one of the 4 core skills of football that are
- First touch (ball control)
- Striking the ball (shooting, passing, crossing)
- Running with the ball (dribbling)
- 1v1 Attacking and defending (skills, tricks, shielding, standing tackles, sliding tackles)
Having said this, we also believe in a holistic approach to football coaching. Meaning that whilst players are focusing on one area, they are still practicing the others as hidden learning.
The program itself has been designed by our Head of Player Development Liam who has coached hundreds of kids on the Northern Beaches and North Shore including NPL Level. Liam has also completed his C license and is looking forward to doing his B License as soon as the next course comes around. Not only that but Liam has been involved whether it be coaching or playing in the MWFA for over 15 years and knows what it takes to make it in the most competitive community football association in the country.
The coaches themselves are comprised of individuals who have played or coached at a high level within the association and representative level. As well as coaches who have been at the club for an extended period as players or again as coaches. This combination provides our program with right combination of technical expertise whilst still maintaining the Strikers way and culture of the club.
SO, WHY DO IT?
So, why should you join our lighting development program? Well, here is a bucket load of reasons why we believe our program I the best around.
- Exposure to skill of the week session exercises
- Exposure to game situation training
- Opportunity to train with players of similar skill levels
- Chance to increase the rate of tactical development
- Chance to start understanding what to do tactically on the field
- Full training kit supplied at no extra cost with extras each term you sign up for
- Benefit of being able to have a catch-up session, if sessions are called off for whatever reason.
- Benefit of knowing that there will always be a coach taking the training session
- Benefit of being coached by professional paid coaches who are held accountable for the sessions they deliver ensuring that the standard is kept high.
- Knowledge that you are supporting your local not for profit club as opposed to a for profit private academy
- Knowledge that you are helping provide employment to individuals at the club and give them a chance to pass on the knowledge they have learned to future generations who will hopefully do the same
HOW DOES IT ALL WORK?
The program will run through each school term, yes even term 3 and 4! Sessions will be available from Monday to Thursday, leaving Friday free as a make up session if one of the days during the week is called out. The time at which you will train will depend on your age but below is a table for you to look at and what times you, your kids or both would be training at.
15$ per week not including school holidays and public holidays.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to call on 0423515710 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org we look forward to hearing from you and seeing you on the field in our Strikers Development Squads