Team Training Program
$10.00 – $25.00
Our Team Training Program is a team based coaching service. Where teams hire out a coach from the club to run the teams training sessions. This way players train in their actual teams as opposed to the lightning development program where they train in groups according to ability.
The advantage with this program is that teams learn how to play togther, train together and hopefully win together. Players will get to know how each of their teamates plays that will add to a more productive on and off field environment.
The draw back is that if there is a large skill gap in the team it can sometimes halt the development of some players whilst being to hard for others. But have no fear our trained coaches are well equipped to handle such problems and will be able to achieve and appropriate amount of resistance for each player.
Furthermore these sessions are slightly less intense than the lightning devleopment squads counter parts. If the lightning program was a 5/10 these would be a 3/10/ This is to ensure that players really develop a passion and love for the gamso that they then want to push themselves to potentially join the lightning devleopment program or 1on1 programs.
There is also no special traning kit for the Pro Coaches Program but they do get a blue training top a standard as well as the shorts.
BENEFITS OF THE TEAM TRAINING PROGRAM
Whether it is out of necessity or choice there are several benefits to hiring a professional coach through the club.
- First of all, you get a full training kit as part of the program (blue shirt, game day shorts and socks)
- Peace of mind knowing that there will always be a coach present at your training sessions
- Peace of mind knowing that the sessions will have been thoughtfully planned to ensure maximum enjoyment and success
- A knowledgeable individual who knows the correct techniques to teach and how to teach them to help players develop more effectively.
- An objective view on players in the team as the coach will more than likely not know any of the players therefore eliminating bias and favoritism
- If the session is called off the opportunity to have a catch-up session later in the week
- Great way to support your local community club
The content of the sessions varies according to the age of the team. For our younger teams in the “Foundation” or “Discovery” phase, that is teams U6-U7. The main objective is to foster a fun learning environment filled with hidden learning. We hope at this age group to really develop a passion in the players and get them to enjoy football whilst teaching them the very basic skills to function on the field.
For our SAP (Skill Acquisition Phase) or Technical Phase, that is players in the U8 – U11 programs. The sessions gradully move from a fun based learning environment to a technical learning environment. The sessions are still enjoyable, but the focus changes to giving kids the technical skills in order to be successful on the field. Players priorities also tend to change at this age group as they tend to slide towards a more competitive nature in general.
The players U12 – U16 are in the Game training phase or the tactical phase where they learn how to play the game the “Strikers Way”, the “Manly Way”, The “Austrlian Way”. Where they will learn how to play out from the back, middle and final third in what Football Australia calls an “Effective Possesion” style of play. These session are still enjoyale for players but the hidden leanring element is now replaced by direct learning.
For any teams playing in the age groups U18 and above, the objective of the sessions becomes focussed on fixing the problem the team has week to week. The goal at this point has switched from developing a team over the course of the year to fixing immediate problem the team has to get a better result in the next game.
THE STEP BY STEP
As opposed to our other `programs the Pro Coaches Program runs whenever the team requiring a coach trains. This therefore makes it our most convinient program.
The Step by Step of how this would work would go something like this
- Register to play for Strikers
- Go to grading if trying to make a high division (if social just skip this step)
- Get the team together in a Whatsapp Chat or facebook group and work out who is managing and coaching.
- If EVERYONE in the team decides they are on board with hiring a coach from the club. MAKE CONTACT WITH THE CLUB AKA LIAM. This is very important we want to make sure we can get a coach for the team before everyone signs up.
- Once a coach is found, everyone in the Team must sign up to the Pro Coaches Program
- We find you some ground space and away you go.
The Pro Coaches Program runs for the entire season and as such we require an upfront payment in order to guarantee employment for our coaches. The cost of the program is $10 per week starting whenever the grounds become available, usually 3rd week of March to the end of August. Junior Teams do not play during the holidays and as such you are not charged for these weeks.
We do offer an option for teams to also have their game days taken by a coach but that does require a little more admin and back end work. We would ideally want the same coach that takes the training sessions to also run the gamedays. The issue with this is that a lot of coaches not only coach but they also play and referee. Meaning that an entire day of their weekend is taken up with football. The price also has to be adjusted to factor in the initial couple of weeks that do not have games. As such we have priced this extra service at $25 per week.
WET WEATHER PLAN
As mentioned above we are leaving Friday free as a day to try and make up the sessions if some are taken out by mother nature. in the even that the friday is also taken out we are looking at a solution where we can give back what we are calling club credits. The club credits would be in the form of a coupon that you could then use for the next program or a different progam.
It is 100% in the clubs plans to eventually get an artifical grass field for use so that wet weather is no longer an issue. However until that day we all have to be a bit flexible and do our best together to make it work for the players. At the end of the day its about getting them on the field and giving them the guidance to have the most fun and success.