Team Training Program
$8.00 / week
Strikers Team Training Program is for teams who cannot find a coach or are looking to hire a professional coach to run training sessions for the season.
Any and all teams at the club
Whenever the team has been allocated ground space.
Time of Year
Team training will start 1st week back of Term 2, Tuesday 20th – Friday 23rd and go untill the last week of regular season Tuesday 17th August to Friday 20th
For teams in finals you will still get your team training but will not be charged as a reward for your outsanding results in the season.
More than likely St Mattews Farm but could be at Plateau Park or Truman Reserve
Tuesday Before school
Tuesday 5pm- 6pm
Wednesday 3pm – 6pm, 8pm – 9pm (All Afternoon)
Thursday Before School
Thursday 3pm to 5:15pm (All Afternoon)
Friday Before School
Friday After 5PM
Our Team Training Program is a team based coaching service. Where teams hire out a coach from the club to run the teams training sessions. This way players train in their actual teams as opposed to the Winter Development Squads where they train in groups according to ability.
The advantage with this program is that teams learn how to play togther, train together and hopefully win together. Players will get to know how each of their teamates plays that will add to a more productive on and off field environment.
The draw back is that if there is a large skill gap in the team it can sometimes halt the development of some players whilst being to hard for others. But have no fear our trained coaches are well equipped to handle such problems and will be able to achieve and appropriate amount of resistance for each player.
Furthermore these sessions are slightly less intense than the lightning devleopment squads counter parts. If the lightning program was a 5/10 these would be a 3/10. This is to ensure that players really develop a passion and love for the gamso that they then want to push themselves to potentially join the lightning devleopment program or 1on1 programs.
There is also no special traning kit for the Team Training Program but they do get a blue training top as standard as well as the shorts.
BENEFITS OF THE TEAM TRAINING PROGRAM
Whether it is out of necessity or choice there are several benefits to hiring a professional coach through the club.
- Peace of mind knowing that there will always be a coach present at your training sessions
- Peace of mind knowing that the sessions will have been thoughtfully planned to ensure maximum enjoyment and success
- A knowledgeable individual who knows the correct techniques to teach and how to teach them to help players develop more effectively.
- An objective view on players in the team as the coach will more than likely not know any of the players therefore eliminating bias and favoritism
- Great way to support your local community club
The content of the sessions varies according to the age of the team. For our younger teams in the “Foundation” or “Discovery” phase, that is teams U6-U7. The main objective is to foster a fun learning environment filled with hidden learning. We hope at this age group to really develop a passion in the players and get them to enjoy football whilst teaching them the very basic skills to function on the field.
For our SAP (Skill Acquisition Phase) or Technical Phase, that is players in the U8 – U11 programs. The sessions gradully move from a fun based learning environment to a technical learning environment. The sessions are still enjoyable, but the focus changes to giving kids the technical skills in order to be successful on the field. Players priorities also tend to change at this age group as they tend to slide towards a more competitive nature in general.
The players U12 – U16 are in the Game training phase or the tactical phase where they learn how to play the game the “Strikers Way”, the “Manly Way”, The “Austrlian Way”. Where they will learn how to play out from the back, middle and final third in what Football Australia calls an “Effective Possesion” style of play. These session are still enjoyale for players but the hidden leanring element is now replaced by direct learning.
For any teams playing in the age groups U18 and above, the objective of the sessions becomes focussed on fixing the problem the team has week to week. The goal at this point has switched from developing a team over the course of the year to fixing immediate problem the team has to get a better result in the next game.
THE STEP BY STEP
As opposed to our other `programs the Pro Coaches Program runs whenever the team requiring a coach trains. This therefore makes it our most convinient program.
The Step by Step of how this would work would go something like this
- Register to play for Strikers
- Go to grading if trying to make a high division (if social just skip this step)
- Get the team together in a Whatsapp Chat or facebook group and work out who is managing and coaching.
- If EVERYONE in the team decides they are on board with hiring a coach from the club. MAKE CONTACT WITH THE CLUB AKA LIAM. This is very important we want to make sure we can get a coach for the team before everyone signs up.
- Once a coach is found, everyone in the Team must sign up to the Pro Coaches Program
- We find you some ground space and away you go.