We had an astonishing 160 PLAYERS in our Term 1 Academy and now it is time to open up rego for Term 2.
Here are the MANY benefits of our academy skill development sessions.
- IT WORKS! with many players in the academy jumping divisions year on year and 10 even making the jump to representative level and now play for Manly United!
- ITS FUN! As demonstrated by our extremely high retention rate with multiple players being in the program for years.
- ITS AFFORDABLE! at just $17 per week you are only paying for the coaching itself, all equipment is provided, coupons for any missed sessions so you are not missing out!
- Sessions are run by our Academy Director, former NPL SAP and current Football Australia B Diploma Participant
- NEW FEATURE: ADDITIONAL GRADING SCORE! Thats right the Academy will now be giving out an additional grading score for its participants. This means a more accurate score for players for the following years grading in addition to grading day and coaches reports.
- Support the club that supports you! We have opened our academy sessions up throughout the week this year to make the program as accessible as humanly possible.
Of course, we except players wo want to give the program a trial run to see how they like it. However, those spots are limited especially if the group fills out with players willing to commit to the term straight away.
How it will all work?
We understand that it is early to commit for activities in Term 2 2023 however we have had many players ask about it. Hence why we have opened registrations up. If you are unsure of what day to book, we would advise booking as early in the week as possible for example… Monday. If there is a clash with another activity, we can always try to move and shuffle players around at a later date.
We cannot hold your spot though unless you register! If groups are particularly small or unbalanced we will try to shuffle these players around but if there is no solution in that regard our coaches are prepared to deal with this to ensure all players are given an appropriate level of challenge to improve.
Boots, shinpads, water bottle and HAIRBANDS for players with long hair. NO PHONES.
10-16 players per coach depending on age group
St Matthews Farm Reserve
Monday to Friday 4pm-5pm
Monday to Friday 5pm-6pm
Monday 7pm – 8pm
Tuesday to THURSDAY 6pm – 7pm
If sessions are washed out we will offer a discount coupon for next term
Training up an age group?
We are happy for players to train in the age bracket above as long as they are physically and technically able to do so.
$127.50 for 10 weeks of training academy (1 session a week)
Can I do multiple sessions?
Absolutely! We hold no secrets, the more players play the better they become. We have taken massive strides towards making our academy group training as accessible as possible in order to provide players with opportunity to train as much as they want. This year we have
- Made the academy kit optional (If it was a choice between training more and buying the kit we would rather players train more)
- opened up sessions across the whole week.
- The club has decided to subsidize 25% off the cost of the academy for the girls.
To give you a rundown of what the cost would look per term for multiple sessions
1 session per week = $127.5 per term
2 sessions per week = $248 per term
There is a minimum requirement of 1 session per week in order to see improvement amongst players. Consistency over intensity is a key component of our training.
Trialling for Manly United in 2023 (for the 2024 season)
If you are planning on trialling for Manly United for the 2024 season there are some important things to note. Players already in these programs will be training 3 times a week. If you wish to break into these teams, you need to be matching this volume. How can you expect to get into a team when you do not train as much as they do? During the winter season you will have your 1 session a week with your team, but we would advise doubling up on the academy sessions if you are serious about going for it.
Also, these teams train for 40 weeks of the year not just during the winter season. This means that preparing to trial at Manly Starts week 1 Term 1.
At the end of the day, you don’t want to finish your trial and have any regrets. We have had multiple players from our academy make squads at Manly United this year and although it is hard and a big commitment, we also know that is achievable as long as you put the effort in.
If this is a goal of yours, please let us know in the notes when you sign up
Active Kids Vouchers
Yes, we do accept Active Kids Vouchers. If you are going to use a voucher then leave the voucher number and players DOB in the notes section when signing up!
Any other questions you can text or call Liam Bonney (Academy Director) on 0423515710